Surya Namaskar is a very ancient practice of paying respect to the sun, which is the source of all forms of life on the planet. In ancient times, people use to practice Surya Namaskar at sunrise, facing up to the sun. It is a combination of Yogasana postures with a well balanced set of movements that will stretch all the muscles in the body and keep the mind and body fit.
Benefits for the mind:
- Helps in sharpening mental power
- Facilitates quick progress in meditation
- Helps to think clearly
- Helps to focus the mind
- Improves concentration and calmness
Benefits for the body:
- A good warm up exercise for the body
- Increases stamina
- Improves digestion process
- Eliminates fatigue by increasing energy levels
- Helps in purification of blood
- Makes resistant to illness
- Helps in toning arm muscles
- Removes excess fat
- Eliminates stomach ailments by strengthening abdominal muscles
- Improves muscular structure of the body
Ravi Shet is the writer of this article and Co-founder of Treatum, an online healthcare portal connecting patients with right doctors.
Disclaimer: The entire content of this article is for information purpose only and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information. It is not a substitute for professional care and should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem and disease.