Water is the most important nutrient in any sportsperson’s life, hence it becomes essential to monitor the water intake on regular basis so that adequate amount required by body is fulfilled. Water helps in controlling body temperature as well as lubricates the joints. It also helps in transporting nutrients to the body cells, increasing oxygen to the blood, fat metabolism and elimination of toxins from the body. Dehydration leads to dizziness, weakness and decline in focus which can impact the performance of any sportsperson very badly.
Importance of Water for Sportsperson:
- Eliminates the toxins from the body
- Helps in blood circulation
- Helps in digestion
- Helps in transporting nutrients and oxygen to body cells
- Helps in moistening mucous membranes
- Lubricates joints
- Protecting and cushioning of vital organs
- Serves as a cooling agent to the body and controls body temperature
Following these tips into your daily regime will ensure that you stay hydrated:
- Consume 2 glasses of lukewarm water upon waking each morning
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables with high water content
- Keep a diary to track the amount of consumed by you on daily basis
- Limit intake of aerated and sugary drinks
Get a free Consultation
Contact us at +91 9920576806 OR fill in the form below
Anisha Pawar is a contributing writer on Treatum Blog. When she is not writing, she can be found experimenting with her culinary skills or exploring new places.
Disclaimer: The entire content of this article is for information purpose only and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information. It is not a substitute for professional care and should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem and disease.